Sunday, March 18, 2007

Suu Kyi 诗二首


Free bird towards a free Burma
By Daw Aung San Suu Kyi

My home...
where I was born and raised
used to be warm and lovely
now filled with darkness and horror.

My family...
whom I had grown with
used to be cheerful and lively
now living with fear and terror.

My friends...
whom I shared my life withu
sed to be pure and merry
now living with wounded heart.

A free bird...
which is just freed
used to be caged
now flying with an olive branch
for the place it loves.

A free bird towards a Free Burma.

飞向自由缅甸的自由鸟
作者:昂山素季

我的家......
生我养我
曾经是那么充满温暖和爱
如今充满黑暗与恐怖

我的亲人...…
曾经伴我长大
充满生机与愉快
如今生活在畏惧与恐惧中

我的朋友.....
与我同甘共苦
曾经单纯快乐
如今心灵破碎

一只自由鸟......
刚刚获得了自由
曾经囚于牢笼
如今飞翔橄榄树丛

选择心爱的地方

飞向它向往的方向

自由鸟飞向自由的缅甸


Why do I have to fight???
By Daw Aung San Suu Kyi

They killed my father a year ago,
And they burnt my hut after that
I asked the city men "why me?" they ignored
"I don't know, mind your business," the men said.
One day from elementary school I came home,
Saw my sister was lifeless, lying in blood.

I looked around to ask what happened, if somebody'd known,
Found no one but living room as a flood.
Running away by myself on the village road,
Not knowing where to go but heading for my teacher
Realizing she's the only one who could help to clear my throat,
But this time she gave up, telling me strange things in fear.

Why, teacher, why.. why.. why?
I have no dad nor a sister left.
To teach me and to care for me you said, was that a lie?
This time with tearful eyes she, again, said...
"Be a grown one, young man,
Can't you see we all are dying?
And stop this with your might as soon as you can,
For we all are suffering."


我为什么要战斗???
作者:昂山素季

一年前他们杀害了我父亲
又烧毁了我的屋子
我问城里人“为何是我?”

没人理睬
“我不知道,与我无关”, 那人说
上小学时,有一天放学回到家
看到姐姐停止呼吸,倒在血泊中


我到处问人发生了什么事 是否有人知道
无人应答
家像被洪水淹没 乡村路上我一个人独自狂奔
失去方向 当我最终奔向我的老师
以为她是我唯一能够倾诉的人
但这次她什么也没说放弃了,恐惧中告诉我了一些奇怪的事


为什么,老师,为什么,为什么......为什么?
我没有父亲,现在姐姐也走了
您曾告诉会教育我、会关怀我
难道那都是谎言?
这次含着泪,说道......

“你要长大,成人
你看不到我们都即将死去吗?
阻止它,尽快也许你还可以

因为我们都在忍受煎熬。”



I really enjoy reading Suu Kyi's writing, therefore, just translating some of her work for fun. But, really these words are so powerful, and I feel so strong about it.

No comments: